Team Assignment 4: Music Video
Rough Cut/Storyboards: Thursday, Nov 16 – 11:59:59 PM
Final Cut: Tuesday, Nov 28 11:59:59 PM
Submission Details: Submit on \\randon > dfs > classes > 2017_semester_3 > visualstory > Assignments > Team > 4 > Team Name
- Produce a 3 – 4 minute piece that tells a complete story.
- You may use sound effects and/or music to help tell the story, but no dialogue is allowed.
- The video must demonstrate visual story principles as covered in class (space, line, shape, movement, contrast, affinity, …) Grading will depend on how well the visual components are integrated into the final product.
- Locations must be set outside of the ETC and no ETC inside jokes. Keep in mind that the general public (or festival judges) may be watching these pieces in the future.
- The rough cut will need to be at least 60% completed or one letter grade will be deducted from the final product. This will give faculty a chance to give feedback, which you will need to implement. If feedback is not implemented to a ‘reasonable’ degree one letter grade will be deducted from final product.
- If you are handing in a storyboard – it needs to be 100% complete.
Choose one of the plot ideas below to tell a visual story. (DO NOT JUST LIP SYNC TO THE LYRICS OF A SONG):
– Trickster: A trick is played on an unsuspecting person or persons.
– Rivalry: One person is jealous of another. Protagonist competing for same object or goal as another person.
– Love: Boy meets girl – boy loses girl – boy gets her back again. (roles can be reversed)
– Quest: Main character goes on a journey. S/he can be out to find something or someone either to get back home or to right a wrong. Along the way problems crop up that must be overcome.
– Rescue: Someone’s in trouble and your hero has to save them.
– Contest: Two characters go head to head to win a prize, or to out-trick one another.
– Change: Main character overcomes a weakness or a challenge and winds up changing him/herself.
– Adultery: A deceived husband or wife / boyfriend or girlfriend.
– The Riddle: plot involves the Protagonist’s search for clues to find the hidden meaning of something in question that is deliberately enigmatic or ambiguous.